Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Strategy # 1

There is so much I want to do this week. Most of it revolves around various Sew Alongs.
  1. This week is the fall Kids Clothes Week Challenge over at Elsie Marley. I want to make a coat for Billy. I am going to use McCalls 6385 or Simplicity 2526. If I manage to get the coat completed I would like to make him a vest (Simplicity 1923). If I have time after all that I would like to work on Billy's Halloween Costume.
  2. I need to do the fitting on my Colette Peony muslin for the  Colette 2.0 Sew Along. This is going to be a doozie!
I think that is enough to keep me busy for the entire week.

Recap of last week (Monday's Sunday Strategy):

All in all I am pleased with the progress I made this week considering I did not have a sewing machine for 2 days. I like that the Sunday Strategy really helped me stay focused! Hopefully I can be consistent with posting them and then actually following my own plan.
  1. Make my Colette Peony muslin for the Colette 2.0 Sew Along.
  2. Get my patterns and fabrics together for Kids Clothes Week Challenge for next week.
  3. Finish fitting issues on Vogue 8615. I have already made this dress 3 times and still haven't gotten it quite right.
    • I made up the pattern pieces with my adjustments but did not get to sew another dress since my machine died. I will try this one again in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment