Monday, September 30, 2013
After a but of fussing with Simplicity 1590, it has been determined that this body does not do well with peplums. I switched over to New Look 6945. It is not a vintage pattern, but I think it is generic enough that with the correct fabric it can look good in a wardrobe from any decade. Pants are vintage reprint Simplicity 3688.
I did an FBA, Moved the darts about 1" toward the middle, then changed them to princess seams, shortened the bodice by 3/4" and had to grade between different sizes to get it to fit properly. I also widened the back by 1".
Sunday, September 29, 2013
Sunday, September 22, 2013
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
I made these for Rose last week. They are McCalls 6403. I altered the pattern a lot to get them to fit properly and to get the style she wanted. I removed the pockets. Also, Rose 43" hips and a 28" waist. She is also tall so I had to lengthen the crotch depth 3 inches and lengthen the darts a bunch. Tall, curvy girls just aren't fair =)
Monday, September 16, 2013
Saturday, September 14, 2013
I am going to join the Hetty Knit Along hosted over at Ravelry. It starts tomorrow and ends the end of October.
I am using Bamboo Ewe, a 45/55 bamboo/wool blend.
I have already made my gauge swatch. I had to size up a needle to get the correct gauge.
Monday, September 9, 2013
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Goals for this week:
- Make muslin for Simplicity 1590 and make new pattern after fitting.
- Finish knitting the sleeves for my sweater.
- Finish a pair of shorts I am working on for Rose. I have already made 2 muslins so it should be a piece of cake to throw together the final pair.
Recap of last week:
Thursday, September 5, 2013
Monday, September 2, 2013
I am also going to do Simplicity 1590 View A. I am using the pink, white and brown striped quilting cotton. I got it on sale for $1.85/yard.
I already had both patterns in my stash so that worked out well!
Sunday, September 1, 2013
- I have 4 projects that just need the final finishing touches, basically all the hand sewing to finish them off. I want to finish at least 2 of them this week.
- Get an inspiration post finished for the Fall for Cotton Sew Along.
- Finish the sleeves on my current knitting project.