Monday, September 30, 2013
Fall for Cotton Final Project
After a but of fussing with Simplicity 1590, it has been determined that this body does not do well with peplums. I switched over to New Look 6945. It is not a vintage pattern, but I think it is generic enough that with the correct fabric it can look good in a wardrobe from any decade. Pants are vintage reprint Simplicity 3688.
I did an FBA, Moved the darts about 1" toward the middle, then changed them to princess seams, shortened the bodice by 3/4" and had to grade between different sizes to get it to fit properly. I also widened the back by 1".