Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sewing Through The Decades

I have decided to join yet another sew along type thing. Now that I have finally discovered just how awesome they are, I just can't stop myself from joining in!


The premise as stated on Rhinestones and Telephones:

"The basic thought is to challenge yourself to explore different time periods (which can be three years in one decade—1943, 1944, 1945) or several patterns across several decades (50’s, 60’s, 70’s). You can sew blouses, skirts, dresses, trousers…whatever you want! It will be fun to share our experiences in sewing from different time periods. The patterns can span both vintage and modern years."

I want to work on some patterns from the 40's and 50's. I am going to use the vintage/retro reproduction patterns because they are already in my stash and that will help me with my Stash Busting Project and my 13 by 13 goal to use up lots of my stash. Here are my selections:
  1. Vintage Vogue 8811
  2. Vintage Vogue 8812
  3. Retro Butterick 5209
  4. Retro Butterick 5748
I haven't even looked at fabrics yet. I'll blog about that another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment