Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Look 6483


I wanted to make some quick tops for Me Made May. I used New Look 6483 view E. I am happy with the way the top fits but I will use lighter fabric next time. The quilting cotton is a bit to stiff but the print is really cute. I generally like more fitted tops but this one is ok when tucked into a wide elastic belt. It is so cute with some high waist shorts.

Fabric close up

I did not follow the directions and I messed up a bit. I sewed the shoulder seams before sewing in the facing. That meant I couldn't turn it to the inside. I fixed it by just sewing the facing to the neck and turning to the inside. Then I finished the sleeve holes with 1/2 " single fold bias tape. I did not use interfacing because the fabric was already quite stiff. Overall I am happy with the shirt. I think I will make a few more in lighter fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment