Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Everything

Hello! It has been a while. We were very busy with CUP and company. Then we started our outdoor spring garden prep work. It is going great. We have dug a big 7' diameter hole for our raised bed. Right now our compost pile is spread in the bottom of it. Tomorrow our new 124 gallon composter will arrive in the mail and then I will not have to turn the compost pile with a shovel anymore!

I have started a lot more seeds. So far I have planted:

  1. Red, yellow, orange and purple Sweet Bell Peppers
  2. Jamaican Red Scotch Bonnets (x-hot)
  3. Thai Dragon Hot Peppers
  4. Caribbean Red Chili Peppers
  5. Serrano Chilis
  6. Cascabella Chili Peppers
  7. Ancho Chili Peppers (hot)
  8. Long Thin Cayenne Peppers
  9. Yellow Sweet Banana Peppers
  10. Anaheim Chili Peppers
  11. Poblanos
  12. Jalapeños
  13. Sweet Million Red Cherry Tomatoes
  14. Sunsugar - golden cherry tomatoes
  15. Yellow Pear Cherry Tomatoes
  16. Early Girl Tomatoes
  17. Jelly Bean - grape type tomatoes
  18. Jubilee - yellow tomatoes
  19. Red Cherry Tomatoes, Large Fruited
  20. Roma Tomatoes
  21. Tomatillos
  22. Early Prolific Yellow Straightneck Summer Squash
  23. Black Zucchini
I still have a lot more to plant. I saved the seeds from the butternut squash we are having for dinner tonight. Hopefully we will actually get a squash plant from them. I still have to plant:

  1. Sweet Italian Basil
  2. Big Top Carrots
  3. Sweet Treat Hybrid Carrots
  4. Red Cored Chantenay Carrots
  5. Lavendar
  6. Leaf Lettuce Mix
  7. Orange Scotch Bonnets
The strawberry plants are growing very well. At this rate I will have strawberries on the plants before it is time to transplant them. I hope they are ok. I have 10 Sequoia Strawberry plants growing in the living room and 25 Ogallala Strawberries in the mail.
Time to go turn the compost pile... Then I think I will knit for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment