Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kids Clothes Week Challenge Day 2



Today, for the Kids Clothes Week Challenge, I worked on the pants for baby Abel. I continued with my assembly line approach and they have been coming together rather quickly.

Step 1: Sew all crotch seams.


Step 2: Trim to 1/4"


Step 3: Overcast edges.


Step 4: Press seams to the side. I usually press the front and back seams in opposite directions so there isn't a big bulky spot in the crotch.


Step 5: Repeat steps 1 - 4 for leg seams.

Step 6: Press up hems for the legs and waist bands.

Tomorrow I should be able to finish these up and start on some adorable pieces for the Noodle! I think I am going to make another version of Washday Blues from Making Baby's Clothes. This time I will make the 3-6 month size and hopefully it will fit. For the top, I am going to use the rest of the red gingham print fabric left from making these baby pants. I am going to use white twill left over from Billy's Halloween costume for the bottoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment