Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Exceptionally Festive Dress

This is the dress I made for Christmas this year. I used Simplicity 2176. I used 100% cotton Christmas fabric I found on clearance at Jo-Anns.  Instead of hemming the bottom I used white bias tape. 


I designed and crocheted my little white shrug.  
(I was dramatically eating chocolates while Mom was taking pics.)


Back view. Next time I will use an invisible zipper. On this dress it blended well with the main fabric, but really popped out at the contrast band.

I am very happy with the fit of the bodice. I was not so excited about the drape of the skirt. I think I need to use a more flowy fabric next time. Overall I am pleased with the finished product.

I am such a nerd =)


I was quite happy to have an excuse to wear a pair of cute shoes and show off my snowflake toenail polish!



2 comments: