Saturday, April 30, 2011

Free Adult Size Bumpy Bobbles Beanie Crochet Pattern!


Here is my adult version of my Baby Bumpy Bobble Beanie. Please contact me with any questions or if you find any errors. I am new to writing patterns so there might be a few =) Please enjoy!


If you would like to download the PDF you can click here.


Materials
1 Skein Size 4 worsted weight yarn (I used I Love This Yarn from Hobby lobby)
Size J (6.00 mm) crochet hook or hook needed to get correct gauge
Size K (6.50 mm) crochet hook or one hook size larger than your first hook

Gauge
3 st = 1” in pattern stitch with smaller hook
pattern st is (sc in one st, mb in next st.)

Approximate Finished Dimensions
Adult - 20” x 8.5”

Abbreviations
ch - chain
sc - single crochet
st(s) - stitch(es)
sl st - slip stitch
mb - make bobble
rem - remaining

Notes
This pattern in written in American English terminology.
Rounds are joined with a slip stitch. Do not turn.
Instructions in *stars* are repeated the number of times indicated after the second *.
If you are not familiar with the magic loop, here is a good tutorial to learn the technique http://www.crochetme.com/forums/t/28917.aspx If you are still not comfortable with the technique you can chain 4 and join with a slip stitch instead.
Start the pattern using your smaller hook and then you will switch to the larger hook for the last few rounds as indicated in each individual set of instructions.


Special Stitches
mb - make bobble - Yarn over and insert hook into designated stitch. Yarn over and draw a loop through the stitch. Yarn over and draw through 2 loops on the hook. You will now have 2 loops still on your hook. *Yarn over and insert hook into same stitch. Yarn over and draw a loop through the stitch. Yarn over and draw through 2 loops on the hook* 2 times. You will now have a total of four loops on the hook. Yarn over and draw through all 4 loops. Bobble complete!


Adult

With smaller hook.
Foundation Row: Form a magic loop. 6 sc in loop. Pull tight. Join with sl st to first sc. (6 sts)
Row 1: Ch 1. Sc in same st, mb in same stitch. *Sc in next st, mb in same stitch* 5 times. Join with sl st to first sc. (12 sts = 6 bobbles and 6 sc)
Row 2: Ch 1. 2 sc in same st. 2 sc in each rem st around. Join with sl st to first sc. (24 sts)
Row 3: Ch 1. Sc in same st, mb in next stitch. *Sc in next st, mb in next st* 11 times. Join with sl st to first sc. (24 sts = 12 bobbles and 12 sc)
Row 4: Ch 1. Sc in same st. 2 sc in next st. *Sc in next st. 2 sc in next st* 11 times. Join with sl st to first sc. (36 sts)
Row 5: Ch 1. Sc in same st, mb in next stitch. *Sc in next st, mb in next st* 17 times. Join with sl st to first sc. (36 sts = 18 bobbles and 18 sc)
Row 6: Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc in next st. 2 sc in next st. *Sc in next 2 st. 2 sc in next st* 11 times. Join with sl st to first sc. (48 sts)
Row 7: Ch 1. Sc in same st, mb in next stitch. *Sc in next st, mb in next st* 20 times. Join with sl st to first sc. (48 sts = 24 bobbles and 24 sc)
Row 8: Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc in next 2 st. 2 sc in next st. *Sc in next 3 st. 2 sc in next st* 11 times. Join with sl st to first sc. (60 sts)
Row 9: Ch 1. Sc in same st, mb in next stitch. *Sc in next st, mb in next st* 29 times. Join with sl st to first sc. (60 sts = 30 bobbles and 30 sc)
Row 10: Ch 1. Sc in same st and each rem st around. Join with sl st to first sc. (60 sts)
Rows 11 - 22: Repeat rows 9 and 10.
Rows 23 - 24: Switch to larger hook. Ch 1. Sc in same st and each rem st around. Join with sl st to first sc. (60 sts)
Fasten off and weave in ends.

Please contact me with any questions or errors that you find. My email is ms.awesome.girl@gmail.com You may sell items made from this pattern. Please just give me credit as the designer. Thanks for downloading and Happy Crocheting!

20 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this pattern and for making it truly free. Although I don't currently plan on selling any of my crocheted goods, it is so nice to have the freedom to use patterns if that should ever come to be. I am currently working on a hat for one of my sisters for Christmas with a very fuzzy bulky yarn. It is coming out nicely so far and even though you can't see the bobbles quite as well due to the yarn I'm using, it feels great and I think it will be super cute! Thanks again! I will definitely be watching for more patterns. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yhao private label knitwear manufacturer develops new production techniques and only use the best materials. Our laboratories are continually looking for new solutions to create excellent, cheap, and durable products. In the commonly used cotton and nylon, we continue to achieve innovative applications of some new fibers and blending applications. The company has a touchscreen, Bluetooth, anti-cutting and other aspects of more than ten kinds of new product patent certificates. Our products are the best on the market. Custom bobble hats

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much! Please send me a pic when you are done and I will post it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am making this from some tangerine-colored tweed I found! Is just perfect for the yarn and such a cute hat! I thought you might be amused to know that FB wouldn't let me post the link to this particular page on my stitchers group because it thought the title meant something obscene. LOL Thanks for the pattern and the laugh! Stupid FB. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Sorry about that! I guess anything that has "adult" and "bump" in the title usually is obscene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cute hat! definately putting it on my crochet to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just started this pattern today 1/16/13! I'm using red heart super saver in Monet lot # 8040 if it works out I may jut make more of these!! Thanks for the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this awesome pattern. I have been using it to do crochet for charity. Instructions are so easy to follow, and the cap turns out awesome. THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your awesome pattern! Making one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Row 7 should say 23 times instead of 20 times. Mine did not turn out so round. Straight across at the top and then down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am trying to make this beanie in a toddler size (19 inch circumference) Can you help me? I am not sure how much to increase by. I started the 6-12 pattern and I finished row 7 and now i dont know where to go from here. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I love this pattern by the way, I use it all the time and everyone loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Love the pattern! Just letting you know, I made a hat with this pattern with earflaps and pompoms. The crochet crowd shared my photo on Facebook. Lots of people were asking for the pattern so I linked them here. Hopefully will generate some traffic for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi There, I love your work! I started a Crochet Free Patterns Directory! Come on over and add your free patterns links, if you have any you want to share or just take a look at others work! You only need to add your link so you will get all the credit! Just click on the submit pattern button on my directory site! Its in the beginning stages, but I know I can get it going with others contributing their patterns. I have been crocheting for years now and I have my other site Crochet Jewel which has many free patterns, but I wanted to start a directory for others to share on! Thanks http://www.crochetfreepatterns.net/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I've used part of the bumpy bobbles beanie as the back of a pattern for a Cacodeomon pattern (enemy from the game Doom). My friend would like me to put the pattern up on etsy, but I don't want to include the part I took from the beanie without permission (attributed of course). I used the first 7 rows. Let me know if that is ok with you. elorahabillis@gmail.com https://gyazo.com/2035d7584519ae2835cf7d40f7262bae

    Thanks, Elora

    ReplyDelete
  16. The above mentioned matter is easy to not only understand but also explain. Even I can elaborate subject of this article now very easily because I it is easy to understand for me. Really a creative expert skill possessed by author.
    Silicone rubber

    ReplyDelete
  17. You may detect a cool looking picture and contemplate internally, "Goodness! That would make an extraordinary logo for my organization!" If you are hoping to utilize that picture, recall that it might have copyrights connected to it. Utilizing that picture to speak to your business will cause you harm. logo design service

    ReplyDelete
  18. How would I make this for, say, a 7 or 8 year old?

    ReplyDelete