Monday, May 18, 2009

I heart spring!

Spring is the best season of the year. It is time to get outside and play in the dirt.

The vegetables we planted outside over the last few weeks are doing well. We have about 12 tomato plants, 3 tomatillos and 6 pepper plants out so far. We already got 2 Haba
ñeros off the plant we saved from last year. They are hot little monsters.

This year I am going to try a new technique for some of our tomato plants. I am going to create those upside down planters from old Hawaiian Punch 1.5 gallon containers. Hopefully the wind won't just tear the vines apart. I will post a picture as soon as I have one completed.

The strawberries are not doing so well. I think the sun is just too harsh for them. The same goes for the raspberries and the blackberries. Today I found some currant, jostaberry and gooseberry plants that are supposed to do well in our climate. I think I might pick up a couple of those and see how they do. I would love to be able to make jams and jellies with fruit from our garden. The cherry trees are doing great. We have a ton of fruit on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment